Whatever time of the year – you can never go wrong with pumpkin soup! This recipe is not only completely fool-proof but also healthy and cheap. What else could you ask for?!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 head garlic
- 2 cans of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2/3 cup milk *
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil, shallots and garlic to a medium sized saucepan over medium heat
- Sautee the veggies for 2 – 3 minutes or until softened
- Stir in pumpkin puree, milk and veggie stock and allow to simmer for 10 mins
- Optional: Blend soup using an immersion blender or regular blender to get rid of any chunks of garlic and shallots then pour mixture back into pot
- Thin out the soup with more stock or milk if desired, depenidng on how creamy you want it!
- Allow to simmer for another 5 minutes, taste and adjust seasonings as you like it. I added a little more chilli.
- Serve with a drizzle of crème fraiche, baguette or, personal favourite, grilled cheese sandwiches
*Vegan? Just replace milk with a non-diary version, e.g. almond or coconut milk.