Have you already tried the Dutch pancake? This whole-pan size pancake is much thinner than the traditional American pancakes (but not as thin as the French crepes) and tastes amazing! You can use both sweet and savory toppings to make your Dutch pancakes even more delicious.
Buy the following cheap ingredients for the batter (2-3 persons):
- 2 eggs
- 500 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 250 grams of flour
- Butter, for cooking
- Toppings of your choice
Examples of sweet fillings and toppings:
- Apple, raisins, and cinnamon
- Red fruits and mint
Examples of savory fillings and toppings:
- Cheese, bacon, chorizo
Follow these 4 easy steps to make the perfect Dutch pancakes in only 30 min:
- Beat the egg in a large bowl until slightly foamy. Add the milk and salt and mix these ingredients all together. Slowly add the flour and mix again until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a 10-inch cooking pan over medium heat. Add a little butter to the pan.
- Add 0,5 cup of batter to the pan and swirl it around to coat the pan (now add any filling you like over the batter). Cook the pancake over medium for 3-4 min until it is just getting dry on the top and releases from the pan.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and place on a platter. Tip: Keep your pancake warm by placing them in a warm oven.