During these freezing cold winter times, you preferably want to eat warm, comforting and filling meals. This healthy, delicious and vegan (say what!) lentil soup is easy to make and consists out of lots of pantry ingredients. A perfect winter meal that fits every student budget!
Ingredients (for 2 portions)
- A bit of olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Gloves of garlic
- 1 cube of stock
- 6 tomatoes
- 200 grams of red lentils
- 200 ml of water
- 1 can of Coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of Kurkuma
- 2 tablespoons of Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- Cut the onion, garlic and tomatoes in small cubes
- Warm the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the cutted onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is turning a bit transparent and then put in the tomato cubes.
- Add the kurkuma, chili powder and ground cumin. Let this together cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the lentils, together with 200 ml of water and stock.
- Cook for 30 minutes, until the lentils are tender but still hold their shape. Stir in a bit of coconut milk at the end.
- Now you can transfer the soup optionally into a blender, to mash all ingredients together.
You can serve this soup together with some Turkish bread (which you can buy in every supermarket around). Bon appétit!