Some of us start with a brand new job, others start with a new study upcoming September. And all of us and you start with an exciting new ESN semester! Arriving in a foreign city, not sure what to think about that weird Dutch language and constantly surprised by cyclist who seem to come out of nowhere. But simultaneously impressed by the gorgeous so called ‘grachten’ (canals), insanely tall people and delicious ‘stroopwafels’ (syrup cookies). Let’s face it, it’s so much more fun to experience all these challenges together with all the other international students and of course the local Dutch students. Happiness is only true when shared. Well, you’re at the right place.
ESN Utrecht organizes plenty of introduction activities at the start of every semester. Saturday August 29th 2015 there will be an Introduction Day for the students from the Hogeschool Utrecht (School of Applied Sciences) and Saturday September 5th 2015 there will be an Introduction Day for the Utrecht University students. Five reasons to join these Introduction Days:
- It’s the perfect way to meet other international students and of course local Dutch students who can help you battle all the ‘I just moved here and what now?’-struggles.
- It’s the perfect way to get to know Utrecht. Not with one of those boring ‘follow the guide with the yellow umbrella who barely speaks a word English’ tours but a tour guided by local Dutch students who can tell you all the ins and outs you want and need to know.
- Participants of both Introduction Days get a free ticket to the Introduction Party in one of the most awesome clubs of Utrecht on September 5th
- It’s essential to participate in as much events as possible in the first two weeks of your stay. That’s the time when connections are made, friendships for life are founded and your best memories will start.
- It gives you the opportunity to purchase a ticket for the Introduction Week (September 7th until 10th 2015). Which means, every evening -so no it won’t interfere with your classes- an amazingly fun activity such as an International Kitchen and Beercantus.
For more details about the tickets, program and activities during these days check out the following Facebook events:
- HU introduction day Saturday August 29th 2015
- UU introduction day Saturday September 5th 2015
- Introduction Week September Monday 7th – Thursday 10th 2015
By Femke van der Meijs